Litmus is an innovative UK sustainability consultancy. We specialise in helping time-poor businesses become highly-regarded, climate-fit enterprises in rapid time.
What we do, in a nutshell
Simplify – our aim is to remove all the painful faff and help you arrow in on the specific actions and strategies that will have the most impact
Accelerate – everything we do is designed to accelerate your sustainability journey so you can confidently make fast, informed decisions as a team
What makes us different
Our team has spent 25 years learning first-hand the challenges businesses face when it comes to sustainability and climate change.
As a result, we’ve thrown away the rule-book of how sustainability consultancies usually work:
- We understand sustainability can be an overwhelming, confusing, onerous and often frustratingly slow process. So we’ve made it our job to take away the chore and bore through fast, collaborative, interactive experiences.
- Our unique sprint methods are grounded in the latest cutting-edge academic thinking on business design and innovation to help clients understand how to thrive in a low carbon world.
- Climate change is full of uncertainty, unpredictability and volatility. Unlike others, we don’t fight against this; we help clients produce adaptable ‘living’ strategies that embrace chaos.
- We know staff responsible for sustainability are often overworked and undertrained (even lonely). Our clients can access expert mentors and experts on-demand, only as and when they need it.
- Sustainability is serious work, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be enjoyable. We’re a genuinely fun, friendly bunch. Some of us have even performed stand-up comedy about climate change!
Are we right for you?
Businesses and staff responsible for sustainability in their organisation turn to us when:
- Looking to develop a winning climate strategy they can be proud of, but are overwhelmed by the sheer scale of the decarbonisation challenge.
- Feeling frustrated by the constantly changing goalposts & expectations of what they should be doing.
- Struggling to pivot their business to find competitive advantage and opportunities for innovation through sustainability.
- Wanting to develop a carbon literate workforce but aren’t sure how to make it an enjoyable, memorable and insightful experience
- Seeking easy access to sustainability experts to answer their questions as and when they need them .
- Searching for the best ways to communicate their progress in a way that maximises impact without falling foul of greenwashing .
If you identify with any of these challenges, we’re the folks to talk to.
The brains behind our approach
Co-founder & Sustainability Lead
Laurence is a sustainability and communications expert who has been working with businesses on climate communications and strategy since 2014.
Laurence will help you design a winning climate strategy that not only improves your business, but influences others to follow your lead.
Co-founder & Head of Growth
Our wider team
We have with a wide network of partners and consultants who supplement and advise on our work. Among them are nationally-respected experts and entrepreneurs in everything from specialist carbon footprinting to eco-innovation.
In other words, we have a lot of friends. Even in the unlikely event we can’t help you ourselves, we’ll know someone who can.